Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Kalinda Sharma|Archie Panjabi {Sexy Bad Ass Ninja} #21 - "That feeling you get when you figure something out, you live for that"

Welcome to the
Kalinda Sharma | Archie Panjabi
Appreciation Thread

"Archie is smart and sensitive enough
as an actress to make anything fly.
An unusual talent"

- Sir Ridley Scott -

Supporter list
autumnღfairytale
Lennie1984
Full Throttle
Little_Grey
Eternal Flame
Brilliant Disguise
Lazy
alysummers
.: DoDs:.
Caribell
Kiki17
Gelfling
irishghost
own worst enemy
*MaryMgo*
Pan
alexis bledel the best
Libra
Kalinda Smith
Leona1986
BepperGirl
Miss Femina
I'm Not Dead
Couch Tomato
Boots Electric
Solar
lkm
BK.
ChrissyDiva
light me up
Zuzoka
Lemon Tree
Broccoli
Vanora
Zuzoka
AnewFriend
RyeLyn
V_Elspeth
carissinha
Sonrisa_
EndlessღLove
Ylana
miss undercover
Jessxcs
I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus
winchesterboyz
Zouzou
7Sushmita
Michelle29
Oh_katie
Kimlegaspi
xlennie
ina_am
YoursToHold

Filmography

Future titles
Because Archie can make the phonebook sound like the Kama Sutra
Because nobody intimidates Archie and that shows through

Previous Thread

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter

Last edited by Gelfling; 09-21-2014 at 06:32 PM
Old 03-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT! And I really like the title.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

^

Interview with Archie :

Sex And The Greater 'Good Wife': Archie Panjabi On Keeping That Big Secret : Monkey See : NPR

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread - love the title!

Frankly, with how out of the loop the show keeps Archie in terms of media/PR, I'm shocked by the interview.

Quote:
Nene in the A/W thread theorized that maybe Kalinda is going to help with the Peter thing (on which side?) as a last ditch effort to have Will's back. Could this be the "big" thing that they talked about and were so secretive about? It can't be the 25th return of the Cary/Kalinda romance, right?
Hmmmmmmm........Possibly. Anything with Cary/Kalinda now just infuriates me. That whole conversation with Jenna about friends culminating in the reunion of Kalinda and Cary made me want to punch a hole in the wall. Seriously? All of that was about Cary? You expect me to believe that? Their relationship since season two has been nothing but sex and double-crossing.

Although, I am intrigued about her scene with Hunter Parrish this evening...

Quote:
The question is this: since they obviously keep her on the show because they're scared of what it'll do to the ratings if she goes for sure, how long do you think the show will survive without Will and Kalinda? But then next season will be the last, most likely, planned like this, so why would they care at this point?
I'm just annoyed that Will got Kalinda's exit. I wanted to Archie to leave the show in a blaze of glory since she's been so underutilized/incorrectly utilized for over two season.

Quote:
There was a carefully planned and orchestrated character assassination for 2 seasons. I guess she won't eclipse anyone now, eh?
I would just love, love to know what behind-the-scenes shenanigans are going on and how responsible they are for the new, less improved Kalinda 2.0.

Quote:
It's good to see you back, Spotless, even under the circumstances
Glad to be back! Didn't mean to be gone so long... Life has been... hectic, to say the least...

Quote:
Going to start by encouraging everyone to watch The Widower! Archie is in episode 2 and onward and she's in it a *lot* (weird, I know since she's a ghost in TGW) and I think she'll be in just as much in future episodes
Ah, can't wait to watch it. I feel like it's been ages since we've had any Archie action other than TGW (and the brief, but meaningful, screen time in the Fall). If you don't mind me asking, where did you watch it at?

Quote:
and a lot of it seems to be happening off screen
I think it's because the showrunners genuinely don't like K/C together. They just do it because a majority of fans like it (why, I have no idea ), and they don't know what else to do with her.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Euge
I totally missed the post number

Quote:
LOL! I love your sarcasm, it's good for my soul .
I'm only happy to help with whatever tools I have

Quote:
Interview with Archie :
Better late than never! thanks Eug

Quote:
Frankly, with how out of the loop the show keeps Archie in terms of media/PR, I'm shocked by the interview.
I guess they read the thread

Quote:
That whole conversation with Jenna about friends culminating in the reunion of Kalinda and Cary made me want to punch a hole in the wall. Seriously? All of that was about Cary?
I know the feeling. And no it wasn't.

Oh and Alicia saying she thought Kalinda was gay... hm... excuse me, didn't she **** your husband a while back? Remember you threw a nutty?
And people will tell me that the show is consistent

Quote:
Their relationship since season two has been nothing but sex and double-crossing.
But all this time, they were having romantic dates and all

Quote:
I think it's because the showrunners genuinely don't like K/C together. They just do it because a majority of fans like it (why, I have no idea ), and they don't know what else to do with her.
They are desperate. They just lost the ship they have built the entire show around since mid season 1. They think they can replace it by pulling C/K out of their hat
So much naiveté is unbecoming in men of a certain age, isn't it?

Quote:
I'm just annoyed that Will got Kalinda's exit. I wanted to Archie to leave the show in a blaze of glory since she's been so underutilized/incorrectly utilized for over two season.
I knooooooooooooooooooow!! I wish it was Kalinda! I wonder if they'd have had Alicia cry crocodile tears though

Quote:
I would just love, love to know what behind-the-scenes shenanigans are going on and how responsible they are for the new, less improved Kalinda 2.0.
But we're not important enough to rate a letter.

Quote:
Glad to be back! Didn't mean to be gone so long... Life has been... hectic, to say the least...
I hope nothing too bad kept you away though

Quote:
Ah, can't wait to watch it. I feel like it's been ages since we've had any Archie action other than TGW (and the brief, but meaningful, screen time in the Fall). If you don't mind me asking, where did you watch it at?
Check your PM

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-30-2014, 09:27 PM
JMD
New Fan

Hi I am new to this forum... I have followed it for months but writing for the first time. I guess the emotions from the last two episodes have led me to interacting more. I'm a big Archie fan... She is simply awesome.

I followed JM's chat on FB. I asked a question about Alicia and Kalinda interacting and that never got answered. Another fan asked the same question - something along the lines of 'The Kalinda/Alicia friendship reigniting now that will is gone', he response was 'I don't know'. Not a good sign. It's all speculation at this point but it's certainly strange that they haven't shared a single screenshot. With Josh Charles gone, it's really stupid if they think they can have Archie as a sidekick ... Without her character The good Wife (although it's an excellent show) will be boring!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
And people will tell me that the show is consistent
This show is everything but consistent

Quote:
I knooooooooooooooooooow!! I wish it was Kalinda!
Well,now we can't be sure,can we

Quote:
But we're not important enough to rate a letter
Oh boy,the letter And the panel
Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Hey JMD!
Good to see you delurk! We don't bite (unless asked of course )

Promo pic from The Widower. (Click for full size )

Quote:
Another fan asked the same question - something along the lines of 'The Kalinda/Alicia friendship reigniting now that will is gone', he response was 'I don't know'. Not a good sign.
Yeah I read about it in the A/K thread. Not really surprised. She's been briefed months ago after she crushed our hopes in a few interviews, about the need for the show to retain whatever audience it had left, by deception rather than truth
The Kings have been suggesting to the A/W fans that Alicia and Will had a chance of getting back together all season and that was all a lie so I don't think we'll get the truth one way or another.

Quote:
It's all speculation at this point but it's certainly strange that they haven't shared a single screenshot.
It's more than speculation really for everyone but the most diehard JM fans.
The only way the characters can interact is by phone but hey, if that makes it work for them...

Quote:
With Josh Charles gone, it's really stupid if they think they can have Archie as a sidekick ... Without her character The good Wife (although it's an excellent show) will be boring!
And what's the plan really? They're going to replace Will with another guy and... what happens for the other characters? Kalinda and Diane are just going to deal with Will's death for a whole season?
At some point, they will have to move on and what?

Quote:
Oh boy,the letter And the panel
that was kinda pathetic, really. At least when George Martin kills characters, he has a reason and he doesn't go apologizing and pleading for people not to quit on them so thoroughly. I was all but expecting them to hand out cash bonuses for people not to quit watching the show

Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

‘The Good Wife’s’ Archie Panjabi Heads to ‘San Andreas’ | Variety

Archie's gonna be in a movie! Good for her.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!

Quote:
Carla Gugino
HOLLY **** Wow this is exciting!!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
The Kings have been suggesting to the A/W fans that Alicia and Will had a chance of getting back together all season and that was all a lie
It pissed me off so much RK said it so openly and seemed quite happy about it.They want to stop writing about the love triangle so they spent a half of season teasing people who like the pairing so they keep watching.And I have no idea why,because if they honestly think it's that big part of their audience I wonder what they have in mind for the rest of the series,Oh wait,they have Finn now,problem solved.

Quote:
I don't think we'll get the truth one way or another.
Sadly true,because if they managed to keep Josh leaving a secret for a year...

Quote:
They're going to replace Will with another guy
Of course because it's not like.you know,they spent 5 years building this character or something,all they need is 'male energy'.I have nothing against MG but if the only reason he's there is because JC left then well...Good luck.

Quote:
Kalinda and Diane are just going to deal with Will's death for a whole season?
Well,I think Archie is the next one to leave.The reason she didn't already is probably because Josh was first.

Quote:
that was kinda pathetic, really. At least when George Martin kills characters, he has a reason and he doesn't go apologizing
Exactly. First of all,it's not like they kicked him out,he wanted to quit,so there's honestly no need to give any sort of explanation.Second of all, if they really feel like apologizing for the way they ended his story,well,then maybe they should have think about it before.Apparently they had a whole year for it.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodwifeAddict (View Post)
Thanks for that news! That's really exciting. From what a gather, this film could be - under the right circumstances - a big budget blockbuster. At least that is the goal.

"“San Andreas” is looked at as one of New Line’s top priorities with franchise potential and if a deal closes would give Johnson yet another high-profile property to add to his resume."

Get it, Archana. I hope her role is bigger than it looks atm. I love Carla Gugino too. Hope they get to film together.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
HOLLY **** Wow this is exciting!!
don't freak out just yet. That doesn't sound like the kind of movie that would have supporting female characters interact with each other.

Quote:
"“San Andreas” is looked at as one of New Line’s top priorities with franchise potential and if a deal closes would give Johnson yet another high-profile property to add to his resume."
I must say when I saw the title, I was mildly scared it was a movie adaptation of the Grand Theft Auto game franchise... but then no, it sounds just as bad

Quote:
Thanks for that news! That's really exciting. From what a gather, this film could be - under the right circumstances - a big budget blockbuster. At least that is the goal.
Definitely sounds like a big Hollywood lame duck. Not the kind of movies were female characters are getting much buzz, especially not with The Rock as a lead. I hope she does more indies, that's where she has a chance to show her stuff.

Incidentally, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Him/Her, is now one movie so you'll have to sit through a nifty 3 hours and 10 mn movie to see Archie but only get to pay one ticket

Quote:
And I have no idea why,because if they honestly think it's that big part of their audience I wonder what they have in mind for the rest of the series
Why? Because they are scared ****less. And they were hoping to keep their numbers until renewal was announced.

Quote:
Well,I think Archie is the next one to leave.The reason she didn't already is probably because Josh was first.
Her contract was longer and they like to keep Kalinda in a glass display so they can have her bed a woman from time to time to get some media in the LGBT community so they are keeping her on but I doubt it will be for long and I doubt she will go with much of a bang. No pun intended.

Quote:
Second of all, if they really feel like apologizing for the way they ended his story,well,then maybe they should have think about it before
They always talk as if they weren't the ones writing. You write with your real life constraints but what you do with them is in your writing. The characters are not real. Nobody decided to shoot Will. They made it so

Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM
JMD
New Fan

I'm worried that Archie might be leaving the show to film San Andreas ... But then again it could be a small role she can do over the summer. Are we sure she's signed up for another season - any insider news anyone? I have read in a few places that Josh was the only actor on the show that extended his contract by a year and that the others had longer contracts.

After they killed off Will's character, I feel they are willing to try anything. However if the kill of both Will and Kalinda in one season it'll be a major blow to the show.

I also went for a preview of 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' - it was to give feedback. I watched 'Her' and Archie wasn't in that portion of the movie. So hopefully she's in the 'Him' portion. Hopefully she didn't get edited out.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I must say when I saw the title, I was mildly scared it was a movie adaptation of the Grand Theft Auto game franchise... but then no, it sounds just as bad
Me too! But such a thing has potential to be massive box office hit. GTA is the fastest selling video game franchise there is. With a decent script and budget and good director, I'd be happy to see Archie in a film adaptation. $$$
Quote:
Definitely sounds like a big Hollywood lame duck. Not the kind of movies were female characters are getting much buzz, especially not with The Rock as a lead. I hope she does more indies, that's where she has a chance to show her stuff.
Clearly, someone has yet to accept The Rock as the most electrifying man in entertainment. At first I thought Archie's role would be minor, but when delving a little deeper, I think there is potential for her to be central to a b or c plot. Serena isn't just a reporter; she's launching a full investigation. So there might be something of substance. It's not like they're going to create a press release just to announce a cameo appearance where Archie is on a tv screen getting her Geraldo on in the background.
Quote:
Incidentally, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Him/Her, is now one movie so you'll have to sit through a nifty 3 hours and 10 mn movie to see Archie but only get to pay one ticket
Speaking of cameos, I'm pretty sure this is one. Hope she makes the cut.
Quote:
Her contract was longer and they like to keep Kalinda in a glass display so they can have her bed a woman from time to time to get some media in the LGBT community so they are keeping her on but I doubt it will be for long and I doubt she will go with much of a bang. No pun intended.
I think the network industry standard for a scripted show is an initial 6 season contract. That's what the series regulars on the The Mentalist had/have, anyway. I fully expect Archie to decline renewing her contract (and if the show is picked up after s6, they'll want her to renew). Without delving too deeply into how shoddily Kalinda has been treated, Archie has always cited the challenge working on tv as keeping a character fresh for years on end. Kalinda has gotten stale due entirely to static characterization and situational writing. She is either a plot device or a prop designed to garner buzz. She doesn't feel like a person anymore. I can't imagine Archie is pleased with Kalinda's direction (or immobility, if you will). So if she bounces at the first opportunity, I can't blame her.
Quote:
They always talk as if they weren't the ones writing. You write with your real life constraints but what you do with them is in your writing. The characters are not real. Nobody decided to shoot Will. They made it so
THIS. THIS. A breakfast skillet of THIS.

JMD, I thought I read production had already started on Andreas. Archie will probably film over the break without conflicting with The Good Wife's schedule. Even if the shooting schedules overlapped, the network could fly over a DP, use the San Adreas soundstage and film her regular 2 minutes with random guest stars. The only discernible difference would be an odd American accent here or there. But then the 'AP can't do a proper American accent' brigade can say Kalinda's an Aussie.